Thursday, March 3, 2011

Decorating with Grey

The color GREY is my newest obsession!  I used to hate dislike this color (very much)!  I thought it was so blah in clothing and would have never looked twice at it for home furnishings!  Maybe I disliked it because my Mom always disliked it (she thought it washed her out)! However, in the past few years I have grown to love this simple color - I can't tell you how many different articles of grey clothing I own (could have something to do with where I work)... but now I am gravitating towards grey shoes, accessories, and HOME DECOR! Check out some of these amazing grey inspirations! These pictures make me want to buy a house - a grey house, with grey rooms... everywhere! Ok, that might be a little extreme, so maybe just the grey house below with one grey room, but which one??!  Enjoy! :)

This is my new dream home! I love the way that the black and white play off of the grey house!
This room screams my new "home style" so much that I am 100% positive I will be re-creating this the next time I move! Love every single thing about it... except I would definitely add a big, oversized, textured rug to the mix!
The overall feel of this space is a little too modern for me -- but I LOVE the grey accent wall (again with the black & white) and I can't wait until I have a wall long enough to expand my photo collage collection!
This bed is calling my name! I love a pop of color, so I would definitely add a bold color to the bedding to mix in with the white -- but that grey headboard against the grey wall.... yes please! 
Please don't mind if I lock myself in here for a couple hours... with a glass (or two) of wine :)
...And my weakness! Accessories!! Grey pillows would be the perfect way to add this color into any room in a very subtle way!  You can buy this lovely pillow {here}!

All photos found on {Pinterest}

11 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

LOVE that second photo..so gorgeous. also love the wall of frames... i want to do that somewhere in our apt. we have grey walls in our living room (it was actually like that when we moved in, we were going to paint but it grew on us. so glad we kept it!) lovely post :)
xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

Jackie said...

I want that bedding!! Amazing :)

Brookie P said...

That is the epitome of my dream home. Let's go find that house and buy it.. I promise I'll be a great housemate ;)

jgale15609 said...

I will never say I don't like grey again! I want that house and I definately want the grey and white bedroom. Unfortunately, Holden makes that pretty impossible as black hair would not look pretty on that bed. So you need to get a two bedroom house/apartment and decorate one room in grey and I will come visit lots!

ASHLEY said...

I'm Ashley too :) Found your blog over at Little bits of Lovely! New follower!

Lisa Schwieterman said...

If you haven't been to Restoration Hardware lately, I'd make a visit this week. The entire store is painted grey inside and the furniture, while diverse, all looks lovely against the back drop. The CEO's new inspiration is the beauty of "natural" things. There are splashes of color here and there, but the bare nature of the unfinished furniture and the natural appeal of the linen fabrics makes you want to curl up on the couch with a fluffy blanket and a warm cup of tea. One step in the store and I promise you'll be more than inspired to do your entire house just like it!

Rachael said...

Beautiful house!! Love how it looks on the outside!
And inside!

Kristin Yac said...

Did you pick the second photo just because there is a giant "A" decoration? :-) Supercute idea, love the grey!
xxkristin {ten scenic drive}

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

I'm with you, Grey is my new favourite colour for decorating. I really love it mixed with the yellow and am actually using the second image as inspiration for my living room! Gorgeous post xx

Amanda Gale said...

Mom, I have a big grey room that you painted and A)You never once told me you don't like grey and B)You don't come visit me lots...:)

Laurita P said...

i love that house too! grey is such an amazing color, love these photos

http://adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis