Saturday, March 19, 2011

1 Week Until Mexico...

A trip that we have been talking about for months and months is finally here - well, in 1 week!  I started thinking about what I was going to pack today (just thinking, not actually packing)!  One would think I would be a great packer as I am normally super organized and efficient (also, I have taken 5,432,786 trips in my life, so you would think I am a "pro") - however, I am absolutely horrible at packing!  It always starts the same way - about a week out I start thinking about what I want to bring; the organizer in me  makes a list, shops for essentials, does some laundry, tries on some cute outfits... but then, I don't know what happens!  Every single trip I am scrambling about an hour before my flight to throw anything and everything into a suitcase!  I either (usually) bring way too much (aka, my entire wardrobe) or I pack so randomly that I am lucky to have a top go with a bottom!  I've decided that this trip is going to be different -- I am going to be packed by Wednesday (a whole 3 days early)!  It shouldn't be too hard... I mean, what do I really need to bring?  A few bathing suits - check.  A couple dresses - check.  Flip flops - check.  I wish it was that easy :) Obviously, the most important bag to pack is the beach bag - here are my picks (pre- packing disaster)! 
polyvore created by {ashley gale}
Note: I haven't been an iPad fan... until this week!  I didn't understand the purpose of it since I have my iPhone and I have my laptop - but then, I thought - how fun would it be for the plane as well as in Mexico.  I could have all my music, books and magazines already stored on it - and I could still check out all of my favorite blogs :)  ... But I definitely will NOT be checking work email!  Oh, and that super cute Marc Jacobs beach ball inspired iPad case kind of sold me on the whole package!  :)

5 comments:

Lindsey Stout said...

Still loving the blog Ash! Keep up the good work and have a blast in Mexico!!!! Miss you!

Liz said...

We are going to Mexico in May, can't wait!! And I SO do this with packing too! The last couple of trips I've actually laid out outfits so I could be efficient with the shoes I bring and make sure I have tops and bottoms that go together, etc. It worked great for me! My goal is also to buy an iPad 2 before we leave... But I will not be checking email either :) HAVE FUN! Can't wait to see pics!

ashley nicole catherine said...

have SO much fun! the bf and i went to mexico in feb and my biggest regret is not staying longer! i did the no-work-email thing too and it was divine!

xo.ashley

Jamie Lauren Felicity said...

Have so much fun in Mexico!! I've always been an iPad fan, how can you not be?! And that beach bag looks pretty much exactly how mine would... you're gonna have the best time!

xox
Jamie
cleatsandcouture.com

Unknown said...

Loving these essentials. :)
(Especially the tote... so cute)

Julie
afternoonfrosting.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis