Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Girl Scout Cookies Have Arrived!

I got the best/worst email from one of my co-workers yesterday, "Girl Scout cookies have arrived"... Shoot, I forgot I ordered 10 boxes of tagalongs! Usually I would be extremely excited about this day as tagalongs are by far my favorite cookies in the world, but today I was a little torn - do I pick them up or do I leave them there?!  Just kidding - I definitely want to support the little troops, but what am I going to do with 10 boxes of tagalongs??  I can't bring them home (they will be gone in one night)!  Don't believe me?  I have witnesses from previous Girl Scout cookie arrival days! ;)  This wouldn't be a dilemma if I wasn't heading to Mexico in less than 20 days... so maybe I could pay for the cookies and add on a storage fee for a few weeks??  It's worth a try!  Or... maybe I will just go pay for them and then tell all my friends to pick them up and enjoy their treats - then I can make the homemade version below when all of the travel/wedding festivities are over!  Decisions, Decisions!

Click {here} for recipe
PS. Forget to buy Girl Scout Cookies this year??  Don't fret - there is a Girl Scout Cookie APP that allows you to locate the closet troop and their selling location!  Yes, an APP!  Enjoy :)

iPhone Mobile Upload

9 comments:

Bethany Holick said...

The girl scout that I ordered from this year had the option of donating the box of cookies to a charity on the order form...this may be your best bet this year. I think you should definitely store a box or two in the freezer until after Mexico :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

ten boxes?!?! dang girl. haha i was pretty psyched to see a girl scout outside our grocery store and bought a box of tagalongs and samaos.. but now i want some of their lemon and shortbread cookies. its a dangerous cycle. i need to get off the cookies pronto. on that note, happy mardi gras! xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

Rachael said...

I used to be a Girl Scout, and yet I had no idea it was Girl Scout cookie time!
If I had seen some though, I would've bought some!
Those cookies bring back memories!!
My favorite are thin mints. But I also like samosas, and tagalongs are good too.
Homemade tagalongs...yum! Need to find out how to make those!

Kristin H said...

Looking yammi

Kristin said...

Thin mints are my jam!
xxKristin

Natalie said...

why hasnt girl scout cookies come up with a low fat alternative to tagalongs??

Nicole Jeannette said...

Now I'm dying for cookies!

Anonymous said...

mm love them!!!
new follower and love your blog
xoxo em

Lisa Schwieterman said...

This year there was an option from my troop girl where I could purchase cookies and have them sent overseas to the troops in Iraq. I took a "one for me, one for them" approach and feel really good about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis