Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer of Prep: {Stripes + Sequins}

I was excited when Ashley asked me to participate in this series because summer is when I really let my prep flag fly. I grew up on Cape Cod, have a penchant for navy blue, and never met a Breton tee I didn’t have to have. That’s really all you need to know about me… now, onto the good stuff – a few of my favorite prepster essentials! I put together a cheeky little ensemble. Feeling adventurous? Wear them all together. I love how stripes look when layered over gingham! 


A perfect Breton tee
A gingham button down
Bright shorts 
Rose gold Sperry’s (a fun take on the original)
Classic pearl studs

For extra credit, make yourself a rope necklace and a nautical tote – you’re ready to go! A big thank you to Ashley for having me. If you’re feeling inclined, pop on over to Stripes + Sequins and say hello!

19 comments:

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

What a beautiful post!

Mandy DeTurk said...

obsessed with this! :)

Jen @ A Touch of Lovely said...

Cute picks! You can never go wrong with stripes and gingham. And I'm totally adding a pair on brightly colored shorts into my rotation this summer!

pretty little things said...

cute pics! : )

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Liz {Sequins And Stripes} said...

A perfect preppy roundup!

christin said...

That's it, I'm collecting hair bows.

Anonymous said...

I love the picks! I have the green shorts and they have been getting lots of attention this summer!

Grace - Stripes and Sequins said...

Thanks for having me, Ashley!

Kelsey Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad preppy is making a comeback, nothing beats a crisp fresh look like this in the summer!

livesimplybyannie said...

I must say- I'm usually not a very preppy girl, but these picks are all fantastic!! Somehow you choose just the right elements to add the prep-prerequisite stripes, and color pops, without feeling at all... how shall I put this... annoying? haha. Love it!

Nicole said...

I have those green shorts but have yet to find anything with which to wear them. Love them though!

The Now said...

Super cute! xoxo

Elle said...

i love this. i either have all these or they are on my wish list. those green j.crew shorts are amazing.

Alyson said...

LOVE Grace, and your blog is adorable! That said, her favorites are so on par with mine. Stripes, navy and a pop of color. Oh, and of course sperry's!

taylorlsteele said...

LOVE this! I can't go on without a gingham button up! I have got to get me one!

Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

Prep-tastic! I love how the cute pink bow is the cherry on top of this fabulous outfit!
xx
Here&Now

JKT said...

Ahhh love it all. My favorite? Rose gold Sperry's. Adorable :)

Seize the Styles said...

This would make an amazing outfit! Love it!

Seize the Styles

Jennifer said...

I really adore her selections so sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis