Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer of Prep Kick-off

Hello + Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  I had a great trip to NYC and will be counting down the days until Friday when I head back up there again!  In the mean time, I am super excited to kick-off my Summer of Prep mini series.  If you missed my post on Friday, I have lined up a little summer series with these fabulous bloggers:


I love that "preppy" is in right now - stripes, polkadots, navy, colored chinos, woven shirts - I can't get enough! However, my favorite inspiration is the true, never go out of style, kind of Prep! Not only do I look at this clean inspiration for apparel, but also for home decor and other elements of styling.  Here is some of my inspiration for her:


images via {pinterest}
Beautimous! ...and now onto my inspiration for him.  I'm obsessed with men's apparel. Obsessed. And... the preppier the better!  I can't even walk into J.Crew or Vineyard Vines without buying something for Alejandro. Seriously. And, I just completely stay out of Ralph Lauren ... because I know the same thing would happen. Here is some classic inspiration for that guy in your life:

images via {pinterest}

Well, that is my take on preppy! What is your favorite element of prep? Can't wait to see what the other girls post about!! Have a great week!! xxoo.

13 comments:

Virginia Belle said...

I love all of your prep picks, especially that perfect striped blazer. And I could not agree more, I'm such a sucker for a a guy in preppy clothes. Sperrys are a necessary :)

Mary said...

Love both the his and her inspiration! Can't wait to see the rest of the series!

Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

a man in a bowtie... swoon! It's the Southern prepster in me! Can't wait to stay tuned for more!
xx
Here&Now

birdie to be said...

Love the preppy style! Great picks!

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

Gorgeous inspiration! That emmerson fry shot encapsulates everything prep for me, love it! xx

his little lady said...

okay, your blog is just fabulous! loving this look. and those stripes with the layered bracelets is too perfect!
xo TJ

Grace - Stripes and Sequins said...

I love all of your preppy picks... thrilled to be a part of this series!

Lindsey Anne | pinklet and c said...

loving these outfits! while i don't do preppy all the time, i love when feel inspired to! I love the bottom blazer on the girl's images and the first image of the guys - who can resist those saddle shoes!

ashley said...

I've always loved the preppy look... especially on guys! Just found your blog so I'll be following.


xo Ashley
http://www.ashnfashn.com

L.A. in the bay said...

I LOVE preppy style! I wear it all the time! It is so classic and classy for that matter. LOVE all your photos!

so anthro said...

SO excited for this series, I have a feeling my Pinterest is about to be overloaded with inspiration from all of these great bloggers!

A and B said...

Just found your blog and I love it! From one Ashley to the next, your posts are wonderful and full of great style!

Ashley of www.aandbctheworld.com

*Glam Chameleon* said...

Beautiful prep selection and inspiration, both for her and him! Lovely blog!:) Happy Friday!! xoxo
Jelena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis