The first time I got shellac polish on my fingers (for my sister's wedding) I fell in love! It was the most amazing manicure of my life... and it lasted for weeks! The second time I got shellac... I was ripping it off of my fingers two days later because my nails hurt so bad! Not sure what the little nail lady did when she took off my first shellac polish... but whatever she did left my nails damaged and so thin that they hurt all day long! So after that... I think it is safe to say, I was not a fan!! However, today my friend {Casey} blogged about DIY shellac and talked about how this does not ruin your nails! So, of course, I immediately emailed her for the details and in one quick email back she convinced me that I need to try this myself!
Materials:
(all products available on Amazon)
UV Light * Shellac Base and Top Coat * Shellac Nail Color * Acetone * Rubbing Alcohol
UV Light * Shellac Base and Top Coat * Shellac Nail Color * Acetone * Rubbing Alcohol
Click {here} for step-by-step instructions. Have fun!


10 comments:
Oohhhh! I had the same problem only that when I wanted it off, it was a total pain! Trying it at home is a great idea though. I might have to give this a spin.
i had the same exact problem when the nail lady took them off. it gave me a bad taste the second time around. i will have to look into trying it at home! thanks a ton! :]
I had a shellac manicure last year for a friends wedding and it lasted for 3 weeks! I didn't have the same experience as you, but being able to DIY sounds amaze. Thanks for sharing!
Have tried this before! My friend has all the stuff so we had a girls night doing nails! Unfortunately mine chipped after 2 days :( But one of the girls lasted a long time!
Such an awesome idea! I need to try this! I love shellac but like you have had both positive and negative experiences with it. At home shellac seems like the perfect solution...DIY nails that last for weeks. Love it!
alllll the girls here in italy do shellac! i'm afraid of the nail-ruining but they say it's fine! plus they make your nails look so thick and perfect! :)
marissa @ the boot
That's too bad it didn't work! I actually pulled the Shellac off my nails when I had it done, and they came off fine! You probably had someone who didn't know the proper technique, or your nails are thinner and not quite strong enough for the soaking process. Either way, good luck with trying your own! I'd love to see the results!
Found you through Follow Fest, come check out my blog if you're interested! I'm hosting my first give-away! I'm now following you!
My Growing Obsessions
This is really interesting, will have to check it out! Found your blog via Blogger Blitz, and newly following. I look forward to meeting you next Sunday!
Oh my gosh...so fun! Love all of the pretty colors! xo
Oh thank you for this post Ash; I had heard horror stories from the aftermath of shellac nailpolish and have been too scared to try, but this DIY sounds promising! xx
Post a Comment