Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wear that Space: Tan + Cobalt

Lately, I have seen different series going around the blogger world that mixes fashion and home decor - and I knew instantly that I definitely had to partake in the fun!  I will call mine "Wear that Space"!  There are so many times times that I see a photo of an amazing room or backyard or party that I want to create into an outfit.  With all of the fun colors and elements used in home decor today - you can easily translate it into fashion... and vice-versa!  This week I found a pretty simple (but amazing) room in shades of tan, cobalt and white!  While I am loving cobalt colored dresses and jeans, I chose a James Perse {tan dress} and accessorized it with a {white necklace}, {gold bag} and {cobalt shoes}! Enjoy!!


21 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

love this series! that room is gorg, as is the outfit! i love the necklace and those pumps! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Jenn said...

What a cool idea! Very cute outfit choice, too!
Happy Wednesday!
Jenn @ Going the Distance

jgale15609 said...

Love the blue and tan! Both the outfit and room are fantastic!!

Unknown said...

I love a little fashion meets decor- fabulous. That rich blue is one of my favourite shades...especially when it's used to make such gorgeous shoes!!

Unknown said...

This is such a nice post.I love how you took the colors from the beautiful room and translated them into fashion.I love that cobalt blue :)

sherri lynn said...

This is such a fun idea! I am crushing over beautiful rooms all the time. Now I will take them as my inspiration for my next killer outfit :)

Thanks for inspiring me today!

Brittany H. said...

I have to admit that cobalt blue is not my favorite, but when paired with the tan, it looks perfect. It's amazing what color combinations can do.

Have a great day!
You Are My Favorite

Kristin Yac said...

I want to paint my walls that color! Makes for such a happy space!
xxkristin

Anonymous said...

I remember my uber obsession with cobalt back when we were living together in SF(wait...am I ever not in love with a blue tone?. Love to see it translated into decor!

Alexa said...

Oh my gosh! How lovely...it looks like you picked just the right pieces!
xoxo
alexa
www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

Lindsay said...

I love colbalt! One of my favorite colors! Great post! xoxo

Bradley said...

I love this post! And I also love cobalt! Such a major color right now!

Lisa Schwieterman said...

I'd love the room even more if they had paid proper homage to the entire crown molding. They painted right over it!

Jackie said...

Ashley I want those shoes!!! I think you need to find less pricey ones for me to drool over next time :) So adorable!!

MG said...

I LOVE cobalt shoes. I have a pair of steve madden pumps from a season or two ago that are the perfect shade.

Annemarie said...

Such a fantastic and lovely post! Your outfit pairing is perfection!!! I want it all! xx

Clara said...

What a great idea! But whereeee are those shoes from? They are to-die-for!

ashley nicole catherine said...

LOVE this series!! fashion + decor go so well together!

xo.ashley

Laurita P said...

this is great! the tan and blue look amazing in the room and the outfit!

Yelena Starikova said...

Love It!! Gorgeous colors!!!
http://www.glamthings.com/

Jennifer said...

Just found your blog today via the Fabulous K post and I love it! Especially this post!

Love the colors!

xo - Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis