Monday, November 14, 2011

Instagram: Eating Healthy

Happy Monday!  :)  Usually I give a quick recap of my weekend on Mondays, but I am going to do that later on in the week since my weekend is still (kind of) going on (blogging from the bus back to Philly from an amazing time in NYC)!!  But... I had to share some photos that might be shocking to a few people who know me well!  Last week I decided I had to stop eating out every meal (I was spending like $25 a day on food) and make my lunch daily!  I've made statements like that before (many times)... but this was the first time I actually did it - all 5 days... I swear! To be honest, I enjoyed it so much, I have no intention on stopping!  Not only am I eating so much better, I'd rather save that money for shoes or vacations anyway - so definitely a win, win situation!!  Here are some instagrams for proof of a successful lunch packing week...

So yummy!  In the mornings I was eating either yogurt parfaits with greek yogurt, granola and blueberries, {smoothies}, or steel cut oats!  For lunches I made a variety of different salads and wraps and made these delicious baked cajun chick peas that curbed my salt craving! I was even making soups and pastas that were light and healthy for dinner! So proud of myself!  I thought the first day I was going to go through sugar and pizza withdrawals... but nope, not once ~ even though they are so much prettier to instagram... so had to include photos from my files! ;)


What is your favorite thing to pack for lunch?  I need new ideas to keep me from getting board of my new healthy habits!!  Thank you... and I can't wait to see your fun instagrams!! xxoo


10 comments:

Chelsea said...

Mmmm, I saw that yogurt parfait picture and my mouth started watering! I'm definitely a HUGE fan of Greek yogurt with blueberries! You're smart to start saving that money each week for other things :) It's crazy how much we can save by taking our own lunches!

B said...

Yum your lunches look great! I like making up easy, cheap quiches and then taking a piece or two to work because they freeze really well!

Ash said...

I really need to do this but I get too busy to plan or even grocery shop. I would love to save some $$$!!

Grace said...

oooo yummy food everywhere - that pizza looks so good.....I've been craving it all day!

-grace
http://herumbrella.com

jgale15609 said...

I am not sure I have ever seen your refrigerator that full...keep up the good work it will be worth it! Glad you had fun in NYC and are home safe and sound..talk with you later.

Anna Elder said...

Way to go! I cook at home way more than I eat out, but it wasn't always that way. Making that switch is not only good for the bank account, but for your own health too! Knowing where your food is coming from and what all is going into it is super important! I love this link up. I will have to do it next time! Enjoying your blog very much! Found you through Long Distance Loving….also…you have the coolest job in the world! :)

Jaclyn Helminiak said...

It was SO SO great to meet you last night!!! Can't wait to link up on your next Instagam post!! Have a fabulous weekend!

Go Bucks!! ;)

xo
Jaclyn
A Day in the Life and Mind...

Erica said...

I need to start doing this more! I was really good over the summer, but lately I've been so busy that I haven't found time to make my lunches (or just making excuses..) Those cajun chik peas are such a great idea - I have to try that!

can't wait to read about your NYC weekend :)

Ana said...

Good for you making your own food! We usually make grilled chicken salad for lunch (or whatever we had for dinner the night before)! I need some more options too!

xoxo, Ana

9 Brickell said...

All of those pictures look so tasty! Especially that pizza!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis