Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday's Fancies: {Pattern Mixing}

Happy Friday!  This week flew by... can't believe it is almost the weekend!  I'm excited for {Friday's Fancies} this week because I suggested the "pattern mixing" theme idea to {av} when I met her this past Sunday at her blogger blitz event in NYC!  Oh, speaking of that, I haven't forgotten to post photos from the event - I will be doing that next week on Instagram Monday...so definitely check back then! :)  But... back to Friday's Fancies - I am a huge fan of pattern mixing... and so is Blair Eadie from {Atlantic-Pacific} - one of my favorite style icons:

{via}
Ahh... I wish, wish, wish I had her wardrobe and I wish, wish, wish I could pull off the looks as flawless as she does! I know I am not the only one who swoons over her blog every.single.day! :) 

{via}
Ok, that's enough Blair Eadie love for one day... here is another way I love to pattern mix...

{via}
...in the home!  I actually should have included a photo of my family room in this post because it is full of patterns!  I have bright floral pillows on a brown pinstripe couch, sitting on top of a zebra striped rug, next to paisley stools... and the patterns continue!  It's the best way to mix fun with classic pieces of furniture!  But... if I were to create an outfit mixing different patterns, I would be inspired by this:

polyvore created by {ashley gale}
Hope you have a great weekend! See you on Monday!! PS. Make sure you stop by {av}'s blog to check out other pattern mixing inspirations for this week's {Friday's Fancies}! xxoo!

31 comments:

ally (the ruffled lace) said...

i adore blair's blog! she has amazing style! great picsxxx im a new follower :)
http://theruffledlace.blogspot.com/

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

I also love mixing and matching! How cool that this week's theme was your idea :)

Jackie said...

the outfit you created is SO you, Ash!

Anonymous said...

Loving that outfit you created :)

ashlyn | nicole said...

what a great outfit -- def perfect for this winter season! :]

& i am in love with blair too -- i stalk her & wish i had every outfit that she wears! def an inspiration :]

hope you have a lovely weekend miss ashley!

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

I loveeeeeee Atlantic-Pacific! Great idea for this week :)
Haha like how included the printed socks.

Mae B said...

Blair is a stylish one! I'm constantly inspired by her. Love this post, great ideas for print mixing!
xx

The Everything List said...

i mix patterns but i always make sure they are neutral patterns. i would love to mix bold prints like blair (i think it looks so chic) but then i am afraid i will look silly.

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

I love Atlantic-Pacific, too! She really can pull off the best outfits that I wish I could wear (have the guts to try maybe?)!!

Your outfit is cute! I'm nervous about plaid with stripes but I think you could pull it off with the right confidence!

Unknown said...

Blaire does it so, sooo well. I am a huge fan of mixing pattern in both fashion + interiors. Love this post!

Shanelé said...

Obsessed with blair too. Unmatched sense of style.

So great meeting you last weekend at the Blogger Blitz!!

xo
http://shanelesheek.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I'm such a huge fan of Blair's style!

Jaclyn Helminiak said...

Adorable post! Love it all.

Have a good weekend lady!!

xo
Jaclyn
A Day in the Life and Mind...

Krystina Marie said...

Her combos are outrageous and fantastic!! I feel like it's hard for me to throw down the cash for pieces that outlandish because I always think I couldn't possibly get that much use out of them... Well she sure seems to make it work! I need to seriously revamp my wardrobe!
*Krystina
cupahotchocolate.blogspot.com

L.A. in the bay said...

Seriously obsessed with bee. Like unnormally obsessed. Haha. She is literally a styling genius. So inspired by every look she creates.

Xoxo

Punctuation Mark said...

all these boots and jumping at me... love them!

jgale15609 said...

I love the look but I just don't seem to be able to pull it off!

henning love said...

i love the re-creation of the the daybook's look, it is adorable! and i want all of those items having in my closet now

Anonymous said...

I envy Blair on a daily basis. Love your strips and plaid though!!

Mary said...

love the mix and match inspiration!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Damn Blaire, she always looks great...in anything!

Marian said...

Love the plaid and the stripes together! That entire outfit is rocking my world right now!

HOGGER + Co. said...

OOOOh, pattern mixing at its best; love these combos!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

I just found your blog--yay! New follower. Superb outfits!

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots said...

Such a great post! Love your inspiration, Blair is such a super star. Great round up.

Melissa:: Strong Sense of Style said...

I was excited all week about YOUR idea. Such a good one and fun to put together.... so thanks! Love the home pics, too. I've been willing to mix prints at home for years but do so w trepidation when it comes to wardrobe. But getting there....

(not tonight though, as I'm home making comments ;) ;)

HAUTE WIFE TODAY said...

Smart curation. :)

Visit me at www.HAUTEWIFETODAY.com.

Michelle Lee said...

lovely!

www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Jess said...

I love your style stalker! These are all great ways to mix and match <3 <3

Sandy a la Mode said...

LOVE this post!! it's great soo much inspiration!!! i am SO bad at pattern mixing, so i could use all the help i can get!

Nikell said...

Yes...I too swoon over the fabulous fashion of Atlantic-Pacific. I've even done a few Polyvore sets with her looks.I love how you've mixed your patterns

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend,
Nikell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis