Monday, April 4, 2011

Painting with Navy

I love the perfect, classic color, Navy. I think it is safe to say it is one of my favorite colors (next to green of course)!  For a couple years now, I have been talking about a navy painted room (inspired by a navy and white rug I found at Pottery Barn).  However, you can't just paint any room a dark color - you have to have a big room with lots of light and beautiful white trim to brighten it up.  Or you need to pair with amazing bright accent pieces - kind of like these amazing inspirations below.  One day...

Images {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6}

19 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

LOVE these navy rooms! so pretty :) we tried to do navy in our bedroom...it turned out more cookie monster blue.. ah well :) xoxo jcd:: cornflake dreams

Deanna Pai said...

I LOVE the lightbulbs in the second photo! They remind me of little stars. I absolutely love navy -- I'd definitely use it in a bedroom or dining room (although using dark paint in bathrooms always intimidates me).

Unknown said...

I just love love a navy room- so dramatic.

Unknown said...

Never thought of navy as a color for a room, but these pictures make it hard not to admire.

xx

Julie
www.AfternoonFrosting.com

Anonymous said...

love navy as well! my favorite is the office!
happy monday
em

this free bird said...

Navy is terrific - a friend of mine is an interior designer and dedicated a room in his house to navy, white trim and Asian accents. He could barely pry me out of it.

xo,
Carrie

Lauren Caldwell said...

those rooms are AMAZING! I love navy rooms but think they can be hard ... like red rooms! love all the inspiration though! :)

xo! Lauren @ tickled.

audrey marie said...

lovely post! i love sfgirlbythe bays blue room! our dining room is navy which works perfectly because there is lots of white molding and furniture.

jgale15609 said...

Where do you find these all these great inspirations? I love the NAVY and of course I want to redo something you always make me do this. You are going to do my decorating next time!

Unknown said...

These are all just perfect! I am going through a major navy phase at the moment as well...there is literally not one color that does not look amazing with navy!

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

J'adore navy rooms - these are all so stunning and perfectly dramatic! xo

a_jorgenson said...

After just painting my bathroom a navy, I doooo love it! With some stark white crown molding, it makes everything look so polished. Love!

<3
aj

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Love this photo collection! I'm navy-inspired now. Perfect for summer's inevitable nautical theme :)
www.SproutThroughConcrete.com

Sarah Engel said...

i LOVE all of these images, I definitely have a thing for darker colored walls, and navy is so rich and goes with everything. Beautiful!

kristin {ten scenic drive} said...

I love the first image...navy paired with berry shades is my fave!
xxkristin

ashley nicole catherine said...

hello, gorgeous! i'd normally shy away from such a dark color on a wall, but that looks fab!

xo.ashley

katie carlin said...

love these navy rooms so pretty-i would never think of paining my walls dark blue but these rooms look great!! xo Katie

http://dailycrushes.blogspot.com

classiq said...

How beautiful these are! Although one of my favourite colours, I haven't really taken it into consideration for interior design so far.

Daily Desirables said...

these rooms are all so gorgeous! great inspiration :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis