Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New FAV App: [Over]

The iPhone app {Over} has officially won me over! It is a beautiful [and simple] way to add text to your photos. I know there are other apps that allow you to do this, but I promise you this one has some of the most amazing fonts ever... 225 of them to be exact! 


It's so easy -- all you do is import a photo, add text, move it around, and edit the font, color and size. Once you love your beautiful typography on your awesome photo, you can share it on twitter, facebook, instagram, tumblr, email or simply save it to your camera roll. It's that easy! It's $1.99 for the app, but I promise you it is worth every penny of the two bucks! :) Check it out...

instagram
via
'Over' has officially moved to page one of my apps on my iPhone (which is where all of my daily/ favorite apps live)... my other favorites include [not in any particular order]:


Row One: the obvious favorites... {Facebook}, {Twitter}, {Foursquare}, and {Instagram} are daily scrolls for me! {Pages} allows me to manage my blog's facebook page; {Feeddler RSS} is handy for scrolling through my favorite blogs; I prefer the {Tumblr} app vs. the actual website (much easier to "reblog" from); and another obvious favorite, {Pinterest}... though I only use the app to scroll, not to pin.

Row Two: some of my photo favs: {Square Ready} is perfect for eliminating the "black borders" on photos you just can't make perfectly square; {Picfx} is another amazing photo app for addt'l filters or lighting effects; {Pic Stitch} is the best for adding multiple photos together in a collage; and {Over}, mentioned above. For a little bit of organization: {Teux Deux} is my absolute favorite and can-not-live-without app - it's my daily "To Do" List... and I live by it; {Dropbox} allows me to automatically back up my iPhone photos right to my dropbox account; {Lemon Wallet} organizes all of my money accounts for me; and {Seamless} allows me to order delivery right from my hand.

I love learning about new apps... what are some of your favorites? xxoo.

21 comments:

Cara said...

thanks for sharing ;)

taylor casto said...

thanks for sharing! i'll have to check out Over now!!

xo,Taylor
iLikeMyClothesTaylored.blogspot.com

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

I haven't heard of some of these apps - it always amazes me how many incredible tools can be at our fingertips!

Have you tried MobileRSS - what prompted you to use Feeddler RSS? I am looking for the best way to read blogs on the go...ideally I wish I could comment from my RSS reader. Do any allow that?

I love:

RedStamp - I take photos of gifts and immediately send thank you notes via email. This is especially helpful when blogger friends send gifts via the mail. Whenever I send something in the mail, I always wonder if it arrived at its destination.

Afterglow - I like these filters better than instagram and the ability to make my pictures round occasionally.

Camera+ - this might just be because I have a kid - but the shutter speed is much faster, so it tends to produce better quality/crisp images than the built in camera app.

Starbucks - because I am obsessed.





Chelsea said...

I have the Overgram app and have been neglecting it so! Other faves: Afterglow and Morning Worm. xo

Viviana Norden said...

Thanks for sharing! xx

Maria said...

Thanks for the tips! I live in Sweden but most of your apps are international and I have most of them, must check out PicFX and Pic Stitch though.
I love Evernote, me and my husband share the account so we can update to-dolists, shoppingslist and so on easily.

I also hav Blogger and "Min älskling" that is "My love" and it´s a heart a touch to dial my husband :)

/Maria

Maria said...

Thanks for the tips! I live in Sweden but most of your apps are international and I have most of them, must check out PicFX and Pic Stitch though.
I love Evernote, me and my husband share the account so we can update to-dolists, shoppingslist and so on easily.

I also hav Blogger and "Min älskling" that is "My love" and it´s a heart a touch to dial my husband :)

/Maria

Rita TOMORROWtoday said...

so excited to try over, feedster, and pages! thanks, ash!

Mary said...

Thank you so much! I immediately downloaded Over!

Kenzie Lee said...

Thanks for the advice, downloading it now!

X Kenzie

www.CaveGirlintheCity.com

Lili said...

thanks for sharing - i need that app!

Danielle said...

Buying now!!!!!!

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

i have them all except Over - worth the $1.99?! .. seems like a BIG yes for u

My Thrifty Chic said...

oh my, this is so simple and so great!! Thanks for sharing!

-tori

Jess | the Jess Journals said...

oOoOo thanks for sharing!! $1.99 isn't too bad. The only other app I've paid for is picfx haha so I know how often I'll be using this! (So worth it.)

Sydney said...

holy moly, you were right, this is awesome! thanks for the recommendation!

Lexi said...

I just discovered this app recently - totally brilliant!
Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

ooh thank you for sharing you app tips with us! I do love discovering new ones and the Over app looks fab! I also need to check out Lemon Wallet as I need one to help manage money accounts! xx

Danielle {Envision Pretty} said...

I love when other bloggers find great resources and share them! I cannot wait to try out this app! Makes for really professional looking instagram photos! (is that an oxymoron?) not sure- but really ads to the overall look and I cannot wait to try it out for myself!

Thanks so much!

Sheila Lynn said...

I also love the OVER app! It's awesome :)

pretty little things said...

I'm def going to check out that app -- thanks for sharing! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis