Tuesday, October 30, 2012

[Sandy] Survival Essentials

This was definitely not a planned blog post... but since I was off of work yesterday and they have shut down the city today, I thought I would share my "survival kit" with you! First, I can't believe this is the second hurricane I am experiencing in Philly. I never thought I had to worry about hurricanes when I moved here a little over a year ago.  Remember my {hurricane weekend} last year? This time we are being a little more pro-active. We are stocked up on essentials... you know, water, wine and reese's pb cups... and are staying inside so we don't blow away! Below is everything you need to survive a hurricane. Oh, and PS. I didn't include an umbrella... because there is no need for one. Both mine and Alejandro's broke as soon as we went out this morning! Yikes! **Disclaimer: I didn't include anything for a real survival... because those items are just a given! These are extras. :)


5 comments:

ashley nicole catherine said...

so glad to hear you're ok! i can't believe the damage sandy has done already. and wine is definitely necessary :)

Anonymous said...

the blanket and pillow is adorable! hope you are safe!

jgale15609 said...

Looks like you have everything you would need for a day inside hibernating! Glad there was no big damage around you and that you still have electric...stay warm,safe and dry.

A Brew of Blessings said...

Your survival kit is identical to what mine would be! What a coincidence, great minds think alike I guess :)

L.A. in the bay said...

Oh my goodness, Sandy sounds/looks so terrifying. Praying for you and everyone there!

Great post, and even without Sandy I still want everything!

XO
Lauren

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis