Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Keep Calm and Carry On

A few years ago I saw a cute little pillow in a vintage shop that had the phrase Keep Calm and Carry On - I remember liking the pillow and the quote, but never really thought about it again.... until this year!  All of a sudden there has been a huge breakout of Keep Calm and Carry On products!  You name it -- you can buy it: {posters}, {coffee mugs}, {pillows}, {journals}, etc!  A month ago in Barnes and Noble, I even saw some journals that had "knock off" sayings like Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake (clearly that got my attention!!) I did a little research on this cute little saying and learned that this quote was first seen on a poster produced by the British Government in 1939 at the beginning of World War II intended to raise the morale! Love that!



While I have a new respect for this iconic quote, I also fell in love with these little calendars below! Enjoy... I am sure you will be able to relate to some of the sayings! :)

For the Ladies! Of course my favorite is March (but usually I start that in February ;)
And for the Men!
You can buy these cute little calendars {here} and {here}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis